The European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI) is seeking to appoint leading research scholars as Research Members of the Institute. ECGI operates as a global network and as such applications are welcome from all locations and no physical presence is required at the Institute's administrative office in Brussels.
Successful applicants will have an established research and publication track record in Corporate Governance along with a willingness to contribute to ECGI and its activities, and to engage with its other members.
- Research Members play a special role in the governance of ECGI. They are the guardians of its scientific independence and integrity. For example, a majority of ECGI's board members must be Research Members and amendments to the Articles of Association must be approved by Research Members with a two-thirds majority.
- Research Members have access to publish their research in the ECGI Working Paper Series. In addition to automatic posting on SSRN, papers become part of a prestigious series, are promoted through the ECGI website and Working Paper alerts, receive more downloads and citations, and are provided with an attractive cover. Papers included in the series are eligible for one of two EUR 5,000 prizes each year which is determined by the editorial committees.
- Research Members are eligible to submit projects or conference proposals for support (non-financial or financial) from ECGI. Examples of non-financial support include communications and conference website support. In some cases, financial support is made available through the European Corporate Governance Research Foundation (ECGRF).
- Research Members enjoy all the rights of membership of the association including attending and voting at the Annual General Meeting, participation at certain ECGI events, and inclusion in ECGI communications. Research Membership is free of charge.
- A list of existing research members can be found by clicking here.